Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 16:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

In order to give ocarina makers a chance to edit their own information and add news and updates in the opening post of a thread dedicated to their business we ask you to follow the following rule:

If you are making a thread about another ocarina brand, only post factual information in the opening post. If that ocarina brand has a representative on Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum, it would be best to let them create a topic for themselves. Otherwise, if you want to post your opinion or a review, you can create a new post directly after making the first post to do so. Keep in mind that the first post of any thread in this subforum may be completely deleted to be used by the ocarina brand representative that is being discussed in the thread.

If you are an ocarina maker or a representative of an ocarina brand and wish to have a topic dedicated to your business, feel free to start your own, unless it already exists, in which case, please contact the user Bas or send an e-mail to , so that we can arrange it so that you can have the opening post.

Post subject: Johann Rotter Ocarinas
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014, 21:10 

02 Dec 2012, 16:44

Hans makes 10 and 12 hole ocarinas from his shop in Austria. His web site is: http://www.ocarinamusic.de/

He has a new online shop!

Moderator edit: Removed non-factual information from the OP. This post is reserved for the representative of the business, should they join the Forum.

"Devout seeker of perfection"

Post subject: Re: Johann Rotter Ocarinas
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 01:28 

02 Dec 2012, 16:44

My new Galliani ocarina from Hans Rotter arrived today. Does it live up to the hype?

It arrived in a well packed box. In the padded box was another smaller box, containing the ocarina in a padded case. The case is of the padded nylon type, which I find sufficient.It took about 10 business days to get to IL from Austria.

On first look, it appears that the terra cotta clay is a bit different than the standard clay. There are small flecks of a white substance visible, and the ocarina seems a trifle heavier than the standard C3, which is no longer available. This one replaces it. It is the same high quality of workmanship as the standard instruments. ergonomicaly, it is the same as the older instrument.

One toot on this baby says it all. It plays like a dream! It is as smooth as silk all the way up. No need for any acute bend. Tone is very stable across the range. Like other Rotters, it is very articulate and speaks quickly with a full tone. It is the best response in a C3 that I have ever played. It is well tuned, which brings me to the next point. this ocarina is tuned to A=442, which makes it sound a bit brighter if played with A=440 instruments.

I highly recommend this instrument to all. It is just outstanding!

Moderator edit: Moved from General Discussions and merged here. Please stop re-posting it there.

"Devout seeker of perfection"

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 17:07 

03 Aug 2012, 20:26

Edinburgh, Scotland

Here is their page on 10-hole ocarinas:

http://www.ocarinamusic.de/index.php/en ... eam7?id=92

and the Galliani model isn't listed.

Following a rather un-obvious link gets you here:

http://ncwebshop.de/epages/ncs24972088. ... O-10-C3-FG

From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Spoiler
Quote:
"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

http://www.campin.me.uk

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 23:42 

02 Aug 2012, 11:16

England, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mandrew, it sounds like a superb ocarina. I very much hope to have a chance to try this new model in Budrio next year!

My ocarinas are for sale on eBay

More of my work can be found at http://www.facebook.com/EverettOcarinas

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 01:29 

17 Aug 2012, 23:26

Budrio, Italy

... and i'll be glad to try your wonderful instruments when we all will meet in Budrio next year (May 1st-3rd) :)
Thank you also to Mandrew for your very positive review of the new Hans Rotter Alto C (in Italy we call it DO3...) with my name.
I asked to have a higher pitch than usual because when you play an ocarina well tuned at 440 with another instrument (mostly with a piano), it is very hard to be in tune. The pianos are usually tuned at 441-442..