Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 27 Jun 2019, 12:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please introduce yourself in this thread
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 16:31 

20 Sep 2012, 22:30

Hai Mark... I mean Achint!

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 15:54 

25 Feb 2013, 22:15

Hi, my names Victor and live Eastern America. I started making ocarinas 1 year ago. I finallly showed some of my work from last year this year thought you will what I will be selling and not selling. I have my alto and bass done. Over the course summer I will be working on the others. If you have any questions message on Facebook and follow me on tumblr. Here are the links http://ocarinakid21.tumblr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lloyd-Oc ... 58?fref=ts Also will one of the admins add me on the ocarina constructors tab as Lloyd Ocarina's Thanks.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 20:10 

Welcome Ocarinakid, hope you'll enjoy your stay. :)

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 10:43 

03 Aug 2012, 20:26

Edinburgh, Scotland

Hi. Just curious, did you get the banner image for your Facebook page off my ocarina page? (I think I got it off an EBay auction).

http://www.campin.me.uk

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 15:42 

02 Jun 2013, 01:13

South Carolina, USA

Hello all. My name is Andy Cox. I've just retired from 43 years of teaching art and have enjoyed several hobbies during my life--rubber powered model airplanes, crystal radios, telescopes, and simple sound making devices. Several years were devoted to the Zimbabwean several types of mbira, the dza vadzimu was my interest; harpsichords and early musical instruments (western). Of late space and lack of tools now that I'm not privy to labs, my work includes various models of the British/Dutch/French Bamboo Flute Guilds. In fact it was the Dutch Guild which began making very large bamboo ocarinas that has impressed me and sparked a curiosity. Last month I tried my hand at several 10/12 holed clay ocarina made from some natural clay found in our area. They worked well, but the clay was not pure enough for firing over cone 010.

My interests in this forum is of history and construction of this instrument. I remember sitting on my daddy's sweet potato and breaking it when I was a young boy. Now I have my first plastic one!! Somewhat miffed at the blowing pressure, as compared to my bamboo alto/tenor sized examples (gemshorns too) and the recorder for sure. BUT members of this forum are truly impressive and I should not embarrass myself by saying anymore! Delighted to have found this forum. Andy

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013, 21:13 

Welcome to the forum Mr Andy.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 22:54 

04 Jun 2013, 12:38

Hi all!
I'm Annelies and I live in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I trained to be a professional musician and nearly made it... now I work at the IT department for the city administration.
I play the clarinet, piano and I sing, and a few weeks ago I bought a small 8-hole clay ocarina from an Hungarian stall on a ceramic fair in an impulse. And I fell absolutely in love with the sound, dug myself deep into Youtube and ocarina-related websites and got myself both the Smule and the Songbird ocarina apps for my iPhone.

And now... I'm eagerly awaiting the Dragontooth Strawfire I ordered, and I'm afraid this could be the beginning of a new hobby, both musical and collecting!

My nickname is meant to be a fusion between the musical and the geeky

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 23:58 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

@ acox70
Welcome Andy. I hope you will find all the information you wish for here and I'm looking forward to more of your contributions :D .

@ ocarinawiz
Welcome Annelies. It's very cool that you trained to be a professional musician, I'll be looking forward to reading your input if you decide to join in on the discussions.

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 14:16 

19 Jul 2013, 13:47

Ciao mi chiamo Gianpiero Cannone sono un giovane artista artigiano ho una mia bottegha in matera sassi,realizzo fischietti tipi del posto chiamati cuccu'.
Da circa 2anni sono stato affascinato da l'ocarina da allora non ho mai smesso di suonare nel tempo libero.
Se volete visionare i miei lavori su www.gianpierocannone.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 18:10 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Ciao, Gianpiero! Ho visto le foto delle tue ocarine su Facebook, sono bellissime... Benvenuto su LittleGeese!

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 10:53 

30 Jul 2013, 10:43

Hi I am female and I come from Black Forest in Germany. I am very interessted in music!
In my childhood I played xylophone, later flute. Next I learned guitar at the age of 16, singing lessons with 19 years and at least piano.
Now I am 23 years old and owner of an Ocarina since 5 weks. In my whole music time, the Ocarina is my favourit instrument.
I have some little questions and I only found some english speaking forums. So I am here now.
Best wishes, tenblue.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 19:17 

Zagreb, Croatia

Hi tenblue, welcome to Little Geese!

If you find writing in English difficult, feel free to write in German. At the top right of this webpage, you will find a Google Translate menu (it says "Select Language"), which you can use to translate the whole webpage into any of the supported languages. The translation is done by a computer programme, so it is not 100% accurate, but it is usually enough to have a decent understanding of the content.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 19:20 

Administrator

Administrator

Hey tenblue, I hope you'll find this forum helpful!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 12:10 

30 Jul 2013, 10:43

Tank you all!
I know my english is not so super. But if its okay and if you can understand me, i would like to write in english again.
Probably its better to understand than the translation of the "Google Translate" or not? And it would be a little bit training for me, to improve my language ability -I hope so! ;- )
Sure it is very easier for me to write in german... Its your decision, for me is both okay.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2013, 06:06 

09 Aug 2013, 05:47

Hi everyone!

My name is Michael. I live in Long Island NY and I am a professional makeup artist for MAC.

I have 3 parrot who I love dearly.

I have always been interested in learning to play a wind instrument as I love the sound. I play the acoustic guitar. I am a Zelda fan, however that is not why I am fond of the Ocarina at all.

As a beginner, I need all the help I can get. I appreciate any and all advice on a good beginner Ocarina, and tips for helping me hit those elusive high notes!

Everyone seems so nice here!

Best,
Michael

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2013, 14:40 

Zagreb, Croatia

Hi Michael, welcome to Little Geese!

If you haven't yet purchased an ocarina, you should do some research before buying. I think it is very important for a beginner to play a good instrument and the market of ocarinas is flooded with instruments that are often so bad that they are completely unplayable.

Many of our members are ocarina makers and some are of them are very, very good! Every ocarina maker who is a member of the forum is invited to start a topic in the Ocarina Constructors sub-forum. Looking at their work and the feedback they receive there can help you decide which ocarina you want to buy. If you have specific questions or need help deciding you can always make a new topic in the General Discussions subforum.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 21:15 

14 Aug 2013, 21:08

Hello, my name is Spencer Dubois. An incredibly amateur ocarina maker from New England in USA. I hope to gather information here and share some of my own work. Thank you.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 22:54 

Administrator

Administrator

Hey Spencer, I'm glad to see you here.
I'm positive I've seen some of your work on your brother Ross' Facebook page before and I remember being impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing your contribution here!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 23:49 

14 Aug 2013, 21:08

Many thanks !

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 14:38 

17 Aug 2013, 01:59

Hi everyone, my name is Esther. I am from Singapore. I just came to know about ocarina in this year April. I don't know about music theory and I only know how to read a little Chinese music notation. I have a few ocarinas which are from Focalink and Pacchioni. I have small hands and very small pinky finger. I am very eager to learn all about ocarina and music theory and music name/term.
Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next