Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 16 Dec 2019, 03:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

In order to give ocarina makers a chance to edit their own information and add news and updates in the opening post of a thread dedicated to their business we ask you to follow the following rule:

If you are making a thread about another ocarina brand, only post factual information in the opening post. If that ocarina brand has a representative on Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum, it would be best to let them create a topic for themselves. Otherwise, if you want to post your opinion or a review, you can create a new post directly after making the first post to do so. Keep in mind that the first post of any thread in this subforum may be completely deleted to be used by the ocarina brand representative that is being discussed in the thread.

If you are an ocarina maker or a representative of an ocarina brand and wish to have a topic dedicated to your business, feel free to start your own, unless it already exists, in which case, please contact the user Bas or send an e-mail to , so that we can arrange it so that you can have the opening post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Giorgio Cataldi/Tytoalba ocarinas
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2013, 13:17 

04 Aug 2012, 22:56

Salve
vi presento l'ultima nata, ancora allo stato di "cuoio": una doppia o tripla Alto "C" con diteggiatura Vicinelli a gamma estesa.
La prima camera scende sino a "G4" senza alcun taglio di potenza d'insufflazione, per finire con "E6";
la seconda va da "E6" sino a "C6". Su richiesta sono disponibili altre diteggiature.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 20:12 

Salve,
ho appena terminato le ultime due 13 fori Alto C.
Presto qualche esempio sonoro.
In una foto, per comparazione c'è una Rotter 12 fori.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 07:28 

Terminata la doppia Basso C.
Il peso è sceso sino a 920 grammi.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 13:48 

In attesa di meglio, qui il test comparativo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyddP2ZD0ss
e qui la capacità di overblow con tutti i fori aperti
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhbfOGKsnIE

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2013, 16:02 

Salve
Aggiungo la mia ultima C3 hold Type versione 2013.
é una 10 fori pura. Non c'è posto per il foro d'intonazione perchè ho "rubato" prezioso volume interno quando ho inserito troppo in profondità il bastone per creare il canale dell'aria. Bisogna ricordare che nonostante l'utilizzo dello stampo, tutto il procedimento di creazione del volume interno e del canale dell'aria, è manuale.
La resa sonnora la vedremo a fine essiccazione e cottura. Dico solo che è stata creata per suonare con il minimo fiato disponibile (nonostante il foro voicing con diametro da 10 millimetri).
Spoiler

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 21:24 

Hello to all. I just closed my last job. It is an ocarina Bass in "C". This whale is about 34 cm long and weighs 2.6 kilograms wet. It took a heavy work of manual compression in the mold. The holes in inches are 14 mm wide. Keep in mind that I opened a giant hole voicings. Its surface area is also increased my Noble Contrabass C.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 23:43 

Hi
Continued production for the new series
The first is the latest version of the Bass"C" to 12 holes. Two objectives: minimum weight and maximum performance. For now it seems that the weight reached: wet weighs 650 grams.
The second is another Contrabasso "C". Compared to the first contrabass, has the hole voicing even more extended. Consequently, the sound is more powerful. The wind pressure is equal to the previous model, except for the finger holes of the thumbs. For these you have to blow more, as the Noble Contrabasso. Finally, it is lighter than the previous. Still wet weighs 2.35 Kg.
Spoiler

Spoiler

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 19:02 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Looks good! 2.35 kg is a pretty good weight for a contrabass ocarina.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 19:54 

Ho fatto almeno cinque fasi di compressione manuale della forma in argilla, all'interno delle due valve che costituiscono lo stampo in gesso. Per sopperire alla mancanza di pressa idraulica o manuale, ho usato le mani e le singole dita continuamente bagnate. Da uno spessore iniziale di circa 2 centimetri, ho scavato due/tre millimetri alla volta con successiva compressione. Alla fine lo spessore medio è all'incirca 6 o 7 millimetri. Il peso definitivo sarà diminuito di circa un 30 % da quello di 2,35 Kg.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2014, 17:18 

Hi
This is the Bassso "G" or Sol6, with 10 holes. Like all bass, it is very difficult to obtain a powerful sound. Independently of the presence of any sub holes, all that is obtained from the sound point of view, it is almost everything about the group voicing. With those words will be understood the sound hole and the whole 'area just in front of, inside and outside. The ocarina bass / contrabassso is a world unto itself. You have to forget all the construction parameters of the ocarinas smaller. In my case there is also a need for more: keep the weight very light. This model weighs state still wet: 810 grams.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 00:14 

Hi
This is the Alto / Tenor "F" to 12 holes. This is the first model with a very large hole in the voicing. Even with this I have to test the behavior in extreme conditions. Followed by the second model with the smallest hole voicing.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 00:42 

Ciao,
continua la realizzazione a scalare. Questa è la volta per la Alto/Tenor Sol.
Anche per questa seguirà una versione più tranquilla.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2014, 00:37 

Hi
I interrupted the realization of dimensional regression with ocarinas. All this because of a drawback in the drying phase of the first Contrabasso. So I decided to start over with another Contrabasso. This time I chose a clay very particular, almost never use because of the hard work: it is called Etruscan clay. It is a reddish-purple, it has a high specific weight; incorporates within it a number of grains of coarse sand.
Ultimately the aesthetics of the ocarina is a little rough. The consistency should be slightly better sound instead of the above.
The weight before the drying step is 2.6 Kg

Spoiler

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2014, 01:52 

Hi
This is the version made with the problematic clay Etruscan. Unable to get a perfect finish with this clay. It will always remain rustic. The sound instead is another thing ...
Spoiler

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2014, 02:12 

Hi
New High Hold Type C version made ​​with clay Etruscan. The rustic appearance will always remain.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 12:29 

02 Jun 2013, 01:13

South Carolina, USA

giorgio, the ocarina is beautiful; the clay is splendid......absolutely love the rustic clay. Could you please tell where this clay is mined, south-western Italy? Andy

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 16:05 

Hi Handy
The clay should be extracted in the Central-Northern Italy. I found it at my baker. However, the only company I know of is the "COLOROBBIA" located in Montelupo Fiorentino FI-The product code is "AFD 111". The name of the clay is "COTTO ETRUSCO", referring to the special clays company. In particular it is a variant of the clays "GALESTRO". The price is usually twice the normal clays. I paid a loaf of bread by 25 kg 25 euro. It is not easy to work with and can create problems with ocarinas smaller. Has an index of workability very restricted compared to standard clay. I mean that with too much water tends to lose its shape, while with a little water tends to spoil the details with the solid particles of which it consists. Last problem: after cooking some protruding whitish salts. You should soak it in water immediately upon removal from the oven.
I hope you understand what I wrote!

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 16:19 

02 Jun 2013, 01:13

South Carolina, USA

yes I understand completely...

Our local red/orange clay has similar working characteristics, but I am determined to continue using it.....your Etruscian body is simply stunning.

funny that you mention the white salts. I never had that problem save on one Italian piece of ceramics I bought in Venice in 1960. I too had to soak and soak....it still leaches a whitish skin at times. I have had the problem with Egyptian Paste. If the paste were not fired high enough the sodium would leave a whitish skin---and that temperature could be only a few degrees to low a firing.

What temperature are you firing? Do you use excess water when mixing the clay?

Andy

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 19:14 

The firing temperature is a theme of the owner of the bakery. He told me, however, that cooks at a temperature of 980 ° Celsius. As for the second question, I have not understood. I would add, however, the image of its features and technical details.
Spoiler

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 00:49 

Ciao
Dopo la parentesi in Argilla Etrusca, riprendo la regressione dei formati. Siamo ancora sulla Alto/Tenor C. Questa è la versione tranquilla della precedente.
Spoiler

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next