Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 22 May 2019, 21:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Magnificent Seven Ocarina Players (Documentary Film)
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 19:52 

17 Aug 2012, 02:40

Hello everyone! I believe this is my first official post on the forum, so for those who don't know me, I am an ocarina player, collector, and educator from the US and I am excited to share information regarding a new project for a feature-length documentary about the ocarina, "The Magnificent Seven Ocarina Players"!

This film has already been over a year in the making, and I think this will not only bring the global ocarina community closer together, but also spark a new appreciation and fascination with the general public once the film is completed. Because of the extensive traveling involved for the production for Fabio Galliani and the film crew (you can learn more about that below), it will be quite expensive to produce. But with everyone's help from around the world, we can make this possible and as a result, share the ocarina's journey with more people than ever before!

It should also be noted that the #BudrioCalling contest currently being held by the GOB will play an integral role in this project, as the winner of the contest will also be featured in the documentary!

IndieGoGo Funding Campaign: http://bit.ly/indiegogo_ocarina
Facebook Fanpage (daily posts about history and notable ocarinsts): http://bit.ly/ocarinafilm-fb

Synopsis:

In 1853, in Budrio, a small village in the Emilia-Romagna countryside, Giuseppe Donati invented a small musical instrument made out of terracotta: the ocarina.

Now, more than a century and a half later, the ocarina is played by millions of musicians and has charmed the world, even gaining widespread popularity along the way (by inspiring a video game: 'The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time').

Fabio Galliani is the Director of the Ocarina Museum, and is a passionate ocarina player, a true Emilian (native inhabitant of the Emilia region) and a music teacher. He has one, major lifetime goal: he wants to keep the grand tradition of Budrio's ocarina alive.

One day his friend Oderso, a record producer and die-hard ocarina fan, retrieves from the attic of a fellow citizen seven ocarinas that are hand-made by Giuseppe Donati himself. Fabio reads this as a sign of destiny and decides to set off on a journey in search of 'The Magnificent Seven Ocarina Players' - seven skilled musicians who are able to honor the memory of the great Maestro Donati.

Fabio’s mission is to find the best ocarina players from all over the world and bring them back to Budrio to play together on stage at the International Festival of the Ocarina.

His trip crosses three continents as he visits the countries that played an important role in both the legacy and evolution of the instrument. In each and every country Fabio meets the best musicians and skilled ocarina players in a fabulous journey of discovery into the music of their respective countries. From Budrio he heads to Austria, Japan, South Korea, China, the UK and the U.S., to finally return home for the following edition of the Festival. Will he succeed in finding “The Magnificent Seven Ocarina Players” and getting them to Budrio to play on stage?