Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 24 May 2019, 10:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VII Ocarina Festival, Budrio 2013
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012, 21:50 

17 Aug 2012, 23:26

Budrio, Italy

Dear ocarina friends,

i am happy to share you the program (even f not definitive yet...) of our next Ocarina Festival (Italian and English).
I'll be glad if you can help me to spread it to those you can imagine could be interested.
For any further information you can freely contact me on this forum or at ocarinafestival@hotmail.com

Ciao,
fabio galliani

Ps: someone wrote me that the hotels in Budrio are full in that period. I checked, it is not true! I think it was a misunderstanding...

VII FESTIVAL DELL'OCARINA
25-28 Aprile 2013

Budrio (Bologna) ospita il VII Festival Internazionale dell’Ocarina, una kermesse dedicata ai suoni e a i colori dell’ocarina con tanti ospiti, musicisti e costruttori, da tutto il mondo.

PROGRAMMA

Giovedì 25.4

Benvenuto agli amici delle ocarine Piazza Filopanti

Nel tardo pomeriggio, cerimonia di apertura del Festival con un benvenuto delle autorità locali agli ospiti provenienti da tutto il mondo e brevi interventi musicali. In caso di pioggia, la cerimonia si svolgerà presso Le Torri dell'Acqua.

Venerdì 26.4

Voci di Ocarine

Teatro di Budrio + Accademia dei Notturni

Dal mattino al pomeriggio, esibizione presso il Teatro degli allievi di ocarina delle scuole del territorio. Via Garibaldi sarà animata durante tutto il giorno da gruppi di buskers e ci sarà la possibilità di comprare ocarine direttamente dai costruttori.

Alla sera presso l’Accademia dei Notturni, (villa Ranuzzi Cospi, storica villa del Settecento nella campagna budriese), cena dedicata all’ocarina con musica e gastronomia a tema.

Sabato 27.4

Tutti insieme per suonare

Mercato della Terra /Bologna + Teatro di Budrio

Al mattino a Bologna bancarelle dell'ocarina da tutto il mondo all’interno del Mercato della Terra di Bologna (cortile del cinema Lumière).

Alla sera, concerto al Teatro di Budrio con esibizione e premiazione del gruppo vincitore della "Prima edizione del Concorso Internazionale per Gruppi di Ocarine" e premiazione del compositore vincitore del "Concorso di composizione per settimini di ocarine".

Domenica 28.4

Mercatino dell’ocarina e del fischietto

Chiesa di San Lorenzo

Al mattino e al pomeriggio, tradizionale mercatino dell'ocarina e del fischietto artistico sotto il portico della chiesa di San Lorenzo.

VII OCARINA FESTIVAL
25th-28th April 2013

The sounds and colours of Ocarina Festival will meet in Budrio (Bologna), with guests, musicians and makers from all over the world

PROGRAMME

Thursday 25th April

A welcome to friends of the ocarina at Filopanti square.

In the late afternoon you'll see the Festival's opening on stage with greetings from the local authorities to guests from the whole world and brief musical pieces. In case of rainy weather, the ceremony will be held in the Torri dell'Acqua.

Friday 26th April

Ocarina's voices

Budrio Theater + Accademia dei Notturni

From morning to the afternoon, the territory's school's pupils will perform with their ocarinas at the Theatre. Garibaldi street will be enlivened by groups of buskers and you'll have the possibility to buy the typical musical instrument directly from its manufacturers.

In the evening, at the Accademia dei Notturni, at Cospi Ranuzzi villa, an historical villa of the eighteenth century, an event dedicated to the ocarina will be held, with themed music and food.

Saturday 27th April

Playing at the market

Mercato della Terra Bologna + Budrio Theater

In the morning you'll head to Bologna, where you will see ocarinas' stalls from the world inside of Bologna's Mercato della Terra (Lumiére cinema's courtyard).

In the evening there will be the final concert at Budrio's theatre, with a show and two prize-givings: one to the winning group of the "First Edition of the International Contest for Groups of Ocarinas", the other to the winning composer of the "Septet Composition for Ocarinas Contest".

Sunday 28th April

Ocarina and whistle market

San Lorenzo's church

During the morning and the afternoon, you'll be able to visit the artistic ocarina and whistle market under San Lorenzo's church's porch.

Moderator edit: Stickied and edited formatting.

Post subject: Re: VII Ocarina Festival, Budrio 2013
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012, 19:51 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Thank you Fabio! :D

I am certainly going, wouldn't miss it for anything! I hope to see many friends from this forum there.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012, 20:15 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

Seeing the current schedule has made me even more excited about going. I can't wait to meet everyone there!

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012, 21:05 

Zagreb, Croatia

Some people have asked for the train timetable between Bologna and Budrio. So far, the only available timetable is valid until 8th December, so there might be some differences in the timetable at the time of the Festival.

Thanks to Fabio for providing this information.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 12:27 

Administrator

Administrator

07 Aug 2012, 23:50

Thanks, Kresimir, that will come in handy. Perhaps Fabio could provide us with the new one once it's available, too :)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 21:38 

03 Aug 2012, 20:26

Edinburgh, Scotland

Would it be an idea to get together at some point during the festival and think about setting up some kind of permanent international, vendor-independent organization?

Many other instruments have such institutions:

http://www.shakuhachisociety.eu/
http://www.jewsharpguild.org/
http://harmonica.co.uk/
http://www.bagpipesociety.org.uk/

and these organizations do useful work.

http://www.campin.me.uk

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2012, 18:14 

Zagreb, Croatia

Jack, that would be a great thing and I would love to be a part of it, but at the moment, we are barely able to run this Forum. Registering and running an international society is far beyond our financial capabilities.

For the moment, I think we should work on getting as many serious ocarina constructors and musicians to this Forum - membership here is free and allows for easy communication between members.

As far as "doing useful work" is concerned, if you have any ideas for specific projects related to ocarinas, this website and Forum is at your service.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 00:35 

10 Dec 2012, 22:52

I'm trying to go.
In fact is My birthday... So probably some new ocarinas... And probably to know in person some members of the foruns, and some manufactures of course.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 12:03 

Zagreb, Croatia

Fabio Galliani on Facebook wrote:

We had some problem with the website (www.ocarinafestival.it).

When a musician (or group) or an ocarina maker asked to take part to the next Festival (April 25th-28th), the website answered " sorry, it is no more possible"!

It is not true! It will be possible to inscribe (for free) until the beginning of the Festival.

Now the problem should be resolved...

About hotels accommodation: the hotels in Budrio are big enough to give hospitality to everybody, don't worry!

If you have any problem or question please contact me or info@ocarinafestival.it

Abbiamo avuto problemi col sito web (www.ocarinafestival.it).

Quando un musiista (o un gruppo) o un costruttore richiedeva di partecipare al Festival, il sito rispondeva "spiacente, le iscrizioni sono chiuse".

Non è vero! Sarà possibile iscriversi (gratuitamente) al Festival fino a metà aprile.

Ora il problema sembra risolto...

A proposito degli hotel: gli hotel di Budrio sono abbastanza grandi da ospitare tutti, non preoccupatevi!

Per ogni richiesta o info, contattate me o info@ocarinafestival.it

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 02:09 

Edinburgh, Scotland

I now can't make it. I've got a wedding to go to in Malaya on the same weekend. Damn.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2013, 16:23 

Edinburgh, Scotland

A warning for any vegetarians planning to go...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20970092

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2013, 13:43 

Zagreb, Croatia

Jack Campin wrote:
A warning for any vegetarians planning to go...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20970092

The person who wrote that article is a bit overly sensitive, in my opinion. Yes, people offer you food in Italy, because they are friendly and proud of their cuisine - and it just so happens a lot of their dishes are based on meat (lasagne, tortellini, bolognese sauce, prosciutto, pork roast, fish, calamari... - the list is endless).

As a vegetarian myself, I never had any problems finding food in Emilia-Romagna (or any other part of Italy, though I haven't yet visited the south). In fact, thanks to the hospitality of my friends Fabio and Emiliano, and their families, I always ended up gaining weight when visiting Italy. :D

I remember, one time, Emiliano, two friends from Belgium and I went on a boat ride around the delta of river Po, and lunch was served on the boat. The crew didn't anticipate having one vegetarian on board, so there wasn't a special menu for me - which is not a big deal, I'm used to being the only vegetarian in the group and I don't think I'm entitled to special treatment. But I did tell the cook that I do not eat meat and asked if they had something vegetarian for me and, to my surprise, they went out of their way to accommodate me - the lunch they prepared me was quite good, especially considering the extremely limited ingredients they had on the boat. A most positive experience - they certainly didn't have to do that! It demonstrates that, even though Italian cuisine contains a lot of meat, Italian hospitality transcends that.

In my opinion, a vegetarian has nothing to worry about starving during the Festival in Budrio - there are meatless pizzas, pasta, risotti, piadine, salads, soups, potato dishes, bread, cakes, etc. etc... and almost all restaurants will serve meals without meat. Every market and grocer's has fruits and vegetables, and there are bakeries on almost every corner. And there are so many delicious cheeses from Emilia-Romagna - some of the best cheeses I've tried! And, on average, vegetarian food is less expensive than food containing meat (compared to Croatia, the prices are a bit higher, but not by very much), although some fancy cheeses can be quite expensive. And at a supermarket (there is one in Budrio), you can even find things like tofu, although, I find such things to have a rather bland taste...

Of course, there will always be more options for people who eat meat and fish (a herbivore's diet is more limited than an omnivore's), but that's the case pretty much everywhere - Italy is no exception. It is obvious that people who do not eat certain foods will have less options when eating. Those who are lactose-intolerant or glute-intolerant will have even less options than vegetarians or vegans... That's just set theory - not really a good reason to complain, in my opinion, especially if people go out of their way to accommodate you.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 23:04 

Administrator

Administrator

I was emailing with Fabio Galliani about the festival, and he told me the following in passing:

Fabio wrote:
if you want, you (and Reikokuna, and Kresimir and everybody) can inscribe in the Festival website (http://www.ocarinafestival.it) as "musician". It is not necessary to be a professional musician!

So for those of us who're going, you might want to think of signing up! :)

Oh, and if you're worried about if you're expected to perform if you sign up:

Fabio wrote:
No, don't worry. You can do what you want. We expect that you will play in quite informal situations (close little squares open air, close to the ocarina market, etc), but only if you want.
To sign up is important for us for the organisation, and we think it is nice for you to have your photo in the "official Festival website"!

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 03:33 

Administrator

Administrator

Anybody who is going might want to check out the new festival website and the scores for the ocarina marches that will be performed on the 27th at 5 pm.

Here's a link to the sheet music for the ocarina marches. Both songs will be played during the parade.

Post subject: getting to budrio on the 24th? want to meetup?
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 19:37 

13 Oct 2012, 10:01

Hi everyone,

I'm getting into budrio on the 24th and was wandering if anyone would like to meetup in the evening.

Moderator edit: Topics merged.

Post subject: Re: getting to budrio on the 24th? want to meetup?
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 00:40 

Administrator

Administrator

I'll probably be there in the evening (otherwise in Bologna). Where are you staying?

Post subject: Re: getting to budrio on the 24th? want to meetup?
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2013, 16:47 

13 Oct 2012, 10:01

Hi Bunjiro, I'm staying at Hotel San Francesco.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 18:47 

04 Aug 2012, 22:56

E' quanto di meglio che sono riuscito a filmare durante la purtroppo breve visita al Museo dell'Ocarina di Budrio. Mi scuso per la non eccelsa qualità del video.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 19:18 

Zagreb, Croatia

Grazie per il video, Giorgio!