Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 07:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Little Geese
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 16:22 

02 Jun 2013, 01:13

South Carolina, USA

This forum was surely instrumental in keeping me active, both mentally and physically. Information about this instrument's history, the medium, the process---all were helpful. The correspondence has been invigorating; what has happened? What additional information might be added to help this informative forum active again?

Is there a forum devoted to vessel flutes? Would anyone be interested? Any input would be appreciated. I have simply learned a lot and would like this forum to continue being a highly regarded forum that it has been. Andy

Post subject: Re: Little Geese
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 18:21 

Administrator

Administrator

07 Aug 2012, 23:50

I am generally a lurker, but I have also noticed the activity dwindling here. I think that without any sort of news from the community, or discussion about anything, it will be difficult to generate activity. The ocarina community is active and well, mostly on Facebook from what I can tell, but the news of their actions don't seem to travel here. It doesn't help that a majority of the community is generally not English-speaking (Italian/Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Taiwanese), though language is by no means an insurmountable obstacle. We all speak the language of music - but online that can be more difficult to express...

Not sure how to solve the inactivity, but I wanted to chime in and mention that I've noticed it as well. Let's try to come up with something :)

Post subject: Re: Little Geese
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 14:33 

02 Jun 2013, 01:13

South Carolina, USA

Bunjiro wrote:
I am generally a lurker, but I have also noticed the activity dwindling here. I think that without any sort of news from the community, or discussion about anything, it will be difficult to generate activity. The ocarina community is active and well, mostly on Facebook from what I can tell, but the news of their actions don't seem to travel here. It doesn't help that a majority of the community is generally not English-speaking (Italian/Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Taiwanese), though language is by no means an insurmountable obstacle. We all speak the language of music - but online that can be more difficult to express...

Not sure how to solve the inactivity, but I wanted to chime in and mention that I've noticed it as well. Let's try to come up with something :)

I certainly appreciate all the posts, from the discussions of music to the experiments in making the instruments.