Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 22 May 2019, 03:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please introduce yourself in this thread
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012, 11:12 

20 Sep 2012, 22:30

Hello everybody,
My name is Paul, and I found out about this site thanks to Kresmir signature on TON. Unfortunately I also played a little part in this past forum drama, and wrote things that I regret now. Hopefully now we can all get along, and forget about the past. I apologize to everyone I offended with my words, especially Kresmir.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012, 20:13 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Gyzyn wrote:
Hello everybody,
My name is Paul, and I found out about this site thanks to Kresmir signature on TON. Unfortunately I also played a little part in this past forum drama, and wrote things that I regret now. Hopefully now we can all get along, and forget about the past. I apologize to everyone I offended with my words, especially Kresmir.

Hi Paul, welcome to the Forum. I already forgot about the drama from TON, no hard feelings. :D

Unfortunately, my signature is no longer permitted on TON, and I'm not allowed to post there without first submitting my post to censorship, but life is more peaceful without that drama.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 21:47 

22 Sep 2012, 21:15

Hi, my name is Iva. I live in Croatia. Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Apart from ocarina I play violin, guitar and as of recently piano (and every other instrument I get my hands on). As of this year, I am a studying archaeology.
I stumbled on ocarina while I was trying to find out where I can buy a tin whistle (I found one later) and fell in love. I got one, made another and then got four more, then the first one broke. Now, I usually have at least one ocarina with me wherever I go.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 23:56 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

Welcome to all the new members! Iva, I got a tin whistle the other day, but I don't nearly like it as much as my ocarinas. Which ocarinas did you end up getting?

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 08:39 

22 Sep 2012, 21:15

Agreed, I like the tin whistle because I like the kind of music that is played on it but ocarinas have something else, something more personal when I play them.
I got the Infinity ocarina, Purple clay double and two ocarina necklaces from STL. Oh, and then I got the plastic triple but I don’t like it so much and now I’m trying to convince my dad to let me buy the AC Triple from Focalink.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 14:48 

23 Sep 2012, 14:35

Hello, My name is Ketonquot, but you can call me TJ if you like also. I got into Ocarinas about a year ago, and it has developed into an addiction for sure. I am located in Near Pittsburgh, PA in USA. I frequent TON and was told about this forum by Bas. (Thank you Bas) Good to meet you all

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 16:29 

11 Aug 2012, 18:17

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012, 21:15 

13 Sep 2012, 17:48

Found out about this site by looking at bas's profile on TON.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012, 00:12 

Zagreb, Croatia

Welcome to new members. It doesn't matter how you learnt about this place, what matters is that you are here and together we can make this forum a great community of ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts. :D

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 15:55 

30 Sep 2012, 15:36

Hello to everyone!

I am Vera from Germany. I work as a musician, music educator and music teacher in different fields and with different instruments. Since a few years I play and love the Ocarina now. My biggest wish is it to show people the many amazing possibilities of the Ocarina, and to proove, the Ocarina is not just a toy. I think, this forum can be a great place for that :-)

Kresimir introduced me to the forum and I say hi to all the familiar people here, but also to the ones, I don't know yet.
Best wishes, Vera

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:40 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

Welcome Vera!

I hope you'll have a good time here and I'm looking forward to your contribution.

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:43 

Zagreb, Croatia

Welcome, Vera! :D

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:48 

04 Aug 2012, 22:56

Ciao Vera e benvenuta!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012, 18:09 

02 Aug 2012, 11:16

England, United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum Vera! Really great to have you here! ^^

My ocarinas are for sale on eBay

More of my work can be found at http://www.facebook.com/EverettOcarinas

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 13:40 

13 Oct 2012, 13:21

Hi everyone! I'm Masc and I started playing the ocarina 7 years ago. The first three years I played just for fun. As time goes by, reading the thoughts of Maestro Pacchioni and following the evolution of multichambers ocarinas, I decided to learn and study more about this particular instrument. My mother tongue is Italian, the other is French. I apologize for my poor English and I just hope that you can understand me!

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 18:26 

02 Aug 2012, 14:57

Benvenuto Masc,
se vuoi puoi parlare in italiano, il sistema è provvisto di un programma di traduzione integrato, tra l'altro presente anche in Chrome, che permette a tutti di scrivere nella propria lingua madre, infatti nessuno capisce nessuno e le domande non hanno risposte o le hanno incomprensibili a chi ha fatto la domanda, insomma uno spassosa babele. :?
Sarebbe interessante sapere qualcosa di più sulla tua esperienza di ocarinista,
    - quali sono le tue idee sull'ocarina
    - che strumenti usi,
    - che musica suoni,
    - che studi musicali hai fatto,
    - come ti eserciti o studi l'ocarina,
    - se hai possibilità di esibirti in qualche concerto o evento musicale
insomma queste cose che servono ad avere una immagine dei nostri interlocutori possibili ed avere anche la possibilità di individuare interessi comuni o distanti.
a presto
Giorgio

www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarinanuova

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 20:06 

Zagreb, Croatia

Welcome to the forum, MASC!

It is always nice to meet new people, especially if they are experienced ocarina musicians. As Giorgio said, feel free to write in Italian of French, if that is easier for you. :D

Are you going to participate in the Ocarina festival, next year?

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 12:34 

13 Oct 2012, 13:21

@Giorgioca Ahah ok, if I will not be able to express myself in English, I will use the Italian language. But for the moment i want training my poor english. ;)

I've followed some high level discussions, here, in little geese. But for me, there's one problem: you and Paolo speak in an Italian perhaps a bit 'too complicated & sophisticated for the translator. I understand all that you said but I don't know if the Japanese or Korean user can understand. We want an human translator here :D This is my opinion, I want others opinions of these users!

I appreciate your work on the multichamber ocarina. I think that the subholes are a very cool idea and they work perfectly. (These are the best solution for complicated passages)
Once, I wanted to have the greatest range of possible notes with my ocarina. Today, after trying to play a lot of classical music, including Bach, Tchaikovsky, Bizet, I realized that some passages were impossible to play fast and clean with Vicinelli's fingering.

I've played in a Metal Band (yes!) with a Clacol Triple Ocarina and it was very funny, people ask me "What is your instrument, I've never seen this!" -->http://www.myspace.com/fragmentafragmenta (with Petrarca's lyrics, unfortunately there's no recording with ocarina and the band has stopped to play )
I play Tenor Trombone since i was 11, but not in a conservatory (I'm 25 y Old.). Today I practice in an University Orchestra.

@Kresimir thanks for the welcome. Yes, I will participate to festival!!

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 03:02 

16 Oct 2012, 03:47

Humble, TX USA

Howdy from Texas!

My name is Dillon and my passion is sculpting. Especially sculptures that serve some sort of purpose, like ocarinas. :)

I'm so glad i stumbled upon this forum. It's been a goldmine of info for making ocarinas. ive started 2 this week. My situation is somewhat unique in that ive never seen a real ocarina in person. but i have a strong desire to play and make them, so that's what im doing. i do plan on selling one day maybe...

but anyways, i hope to make friends with ya'll and learn and grow from ocarinas :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012, 11:50 

Zagreb, Croatia

Hi Dillon, welcome to Little Geese. Always great to meet new people! :)

Your situation reminds me of Ross (Oberon Ocarinas). If I'm not mistaken, when he made his first ocarina prototypes, it was before he ever tried to play another ocarina. And now, a few years later, he makes excellent ocarinas.

Of course, it is very unlikely to get very good results that way, and so I encourage your to try some great ocarinas, such as those by Giorgio Pacchioni, Kurt Posch, Kuolong Pan, Fabio Menaglio, Olivier Gosselink (the list goes on and on...) - that will certainly give you the idea of what is expected of from a good ocarina.

Also, I encourage you to invest some time into playing the ocarina. It is very difficult to make a good ocarina without knowing how to play one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next