Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 21 Feb 2019, 04:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please introduce yourself in this thread
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 02:18 

16 Aug 2012, 05:37

Germany

fabiogalliani wrote:
Hallo to all the ocarina friends!

Welcome! Very nice to have you here.

Welcome to everyone else as well of course. I like how this forum gets livelier with each day.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 02:51 

20 Aug 2012, 02:40

Effingham, IL, USA

Hello all, my name is Melody. I live in the USA in Illinois. I got into ocarinas two or three years ago and have been addicted to them since. Ocarinas are my third love, after unicorns and euphonium. I have three ocarinas. The purple clay mini, focalink dolce triple (<3), and a Dreambirth unicorn ocarina. Hopefully I will add an italian ocarina to my collection soon. Also, You might have seen me on TON, since I have an account there too.

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. -Steven Tyler
Please don't call me unicorn. My name is Melody. :)

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 11:26 

10 Aug 2012, 12:21

Hello friends.

My name is Mikael, and I joined TON in the early days and was selected by Sam, Steve, Andy and Bas to moderate. After a while, stress and illness caused me to leave the community and even the ocarina for a while.
I never quite recovered and have found it difficult getting back to playing ocarina regularly, but I'm confident that I'll get back to it completely. Especially since Steven (stevtomato) is currenly visiting Norway and has been playing ocarina with me this last week.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 11:28 

20 Aug 2012, 11:20

Hello there!

I'm Steve, maybe some of you still remember me. I live in Hamburg, Germany. At the end of 2007, I stumbled across some videos by kissing88 and contacted him and I ended up with an ocarina. A few years passed and here I am today visiting one of the many friends I get to know through the ocarina community (the one above me, who's reviving my interest in playing :P).

Anyway, enough blabbering. I hope I can contribute somewhat to the community ^^ Looking forward to that!

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 11:52 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

Welcome to all the new members!
Mikael and Steve, I'm so glad you two made it over here! I hope you'll enjoy it here :D .

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 14:00 

04 Aug 2012, 22:56

Salve a tutti
Mi chiamo Giorgio Cataldi e lavoro presso la Pubblica Amministrazione. Sono entrato nel mondo dell’ocarina quasi in modo fortuito. Il mio primo incontro con un’ocarina risale a molti anni fa , quando frequentavo le scuole medie. Proposi al mio papà l’acquisto di un’ocarina al posto del flauto dolce. Fui accontentato, peccato però che non riuscì mai a farle emettere alcun suono. Alla fine dovetti sostituirla con un flauto dolce. Gli anni successivi più nulla sino a quando, navigando in Internet , mi sono imbattuto in un sito che pubblicizzava le ocarine di Budrio. Fu così che acquistai la mia prima ocarina, una Do3 di Menaglio, con il suo suono ricco che mi catturò. Poi ho spaziato tra diversi produttori per il mondo, come Hogawa, Songbird, Focalink, Maparam, etc… Da allora si è accesa la miccia che mi ha portato a dedicare tutto il mio tempo libero alla realizzazione di ocarine. Ne produco di tutte le misure, comprese le multicamera anche se ho focalizzato molto l’attenzione sulle Alto C a 12 fori di cui ne produco una dozzina di tipi differenti. Mi piace sperimentare a livello di morfologia e a livello di tipologia di suono. Vorrei ad esempio approfondire la conoscenza delle caratteristiche morfologiche e costruttive delle gloriose Vicinelli per riuscire poi a farne una con quel tipo di suono. Spero di avere sempre la forza e la perseveranza che mi hanno permesso di continuare in questa meravigliosa attività.
Giorgio

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 16:36 

16 Aug 2012, 05:37

Germany

Mikael wrote:
Hello friends.
stevtomato wrote:
Hello there!

Squee. How come I am not surprised that you two not only joined but also did so right after another.
Nice to have some more old school-y faces and good friends around again. And such pretty ones too.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 16:55 

07 Aug 2012, 23:30

Well, and it seems I've come to this side too! I'm Simon, I'm from Colombia, all the way down from South America. I've been playing Ocarinas for about 2 and a half years now. I started playing by making my very own Ocarina, and after some time I went on and bought a Pacchioni Ocarina which I still own and love. I'm studying music at the Xaverian University here in Colombia, and I'm starting a triple major with Physics and Law next spring. I'm into pretty much anything that can teach me something new; I'd say my hobby is learning from whatever source there is to do so. I'm glad to be here; let's see how this turns out.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 04:08 

08 Aug 2012, 05:14

Dullahan wrote:
Well, and it seems I've come to this side too! I'm Simon, I'm from Colombia, all the way down from South America. I've been playing Ocarinas for about 2 and a half years now. I started playing by making my very own Ocarina, and after some time I went on and bought a Pacchioni Ocarina which I still own and love. I'm studying music at the Xaverian University here in Colombia, and I'm starting a triple major with Physics and Law next spring. I'm into pretty much anything that can teach me something new; I'd say my hobby is learning from whatever source there is to do so. I'm glad to be here; let's see how this turns out.

SIMON!!! It's been awhile since I've heard anything from you! :)
Wow, a triple major? Physics, something, and law? Interesting program you guys have there. Is Law treated as an Undergrad or Graduate school course there? Here, it's something you can only take after a 4 year course. So I'm guessing yours goes directly to Law School? I'm just curious, since I know in other countries, it's treated like a Bachelor's that you can go ahead and study straight out (of highschool, or something).

I'm currently in my first year at Law School. Trying to see if it is indeed for me :)
Kinda got side tracked a bit, but it was all good...because I came across the Ocarina, during that time. Now I am more or less headed to a more defined direction :P

--
I'm really liking it here <3
Cozy place is cozy.

Post subject: Hello everyone, Nice to meet you....!
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 02:34 

13 Aug 2012, 01:11

Hello everyone.
My name is Hyunil Ko, I live in Korea and I am the maker of WoodSound wooden ocarina.
It is very nice to meet you. My biggest concern is scientific research on the ocarina.
I have made and reseached ocarina with Maparam ocarina maker Minsoo Kim since 12 years ago.
Making ocarina is hard and difficult work, but it is a very attractive and exciting work.
I am happy to join this forum and I pray for the continued prosperity and happiness of all members of this forum. :D :D

My website is http://www.ocarina.kr or http://www.woodenocarina.com

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 12:49 

02 Aug 2012, 11:16

England, United Kingdom

Welcome Hyunil Ko! It is brilliant to have you here my friend! ^^

My ocarinas are for sale on eBay

More of my work can be found at http://www.facebook.com/EverettOcarinas

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 16:20 

22 Aug 2012, 15:27

Hello all

My name is Gustavo and i'm a Graphic designer from Brazil.
I have been playing for about a year and a half.
Now im starting to experiment in making my own ocarinas too.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 22:06 

11 Aug 2012, 18:17

Welcome! You will fit in just fine, as we have several makers here!

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 00:23 

23 Aug 2012, 00:18

Hello, I'm Connor. (Jubal)

I'm a musician and the ocarina is one of many instruments I play, as well as collect. While I still play my ocarinas, I've drifted more into ceramic art in general, and may one day start making my own ocarinas, along with another ceramic instrument called the udu drum. Only time will tell.

I've become more of lurker recently rather than an active poster on TON, so it'll probably be the same here. I hope this forum continues to thrive.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 03:09 

02 Aug 2012, 13:21

New York, USA

ahh its great to see you here Connor!
I hope you will enjoy the forum mate :3

please visit my website and see what Im making! http://facebook.com/oberonocarinas

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012, 06:13 

26 Aug 2012, 06:03

Texas

Hello, my name is Andrew. Many of you will recognize me from TON but for those who don't, I started playing ocarina about 8 months ago and just love the way they sound. Besides playing the ocarina I enjoy baking, watching anime, shooting my blowgun, and am pretty different from most people especially considering where I live. I'm happy to see many of you and hope I can be of some help here too. :D

I am Lord Seg, ruler of THE WORLD! My bedroom

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 20:54 

09 Aug 2012, 00:03

Hello Andrew, nice to see you here. Shooting a blowgun sounds like an interesting hobby. What made you get started and where do you buy a blowgun or did you make your own?

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 05:05 

26 Aug 2012, 06:03

Texas

I got started with blowguns because I like "primitive weapons" but in Texas you have to be 18 to buy throwing knives, but not a blowgun for some reason, so I went with my second pick. :D
More blowgun info.
You can buy them online, in sports/hunting stores (academy etc.), and some archery and weapons stores. If you want to make one all you need is to figure out what length tube you want, what caliber, and find the mouth/end pieces that match,generally .40, .50, & .625 are what you find blowguns made of.

I am Lord Seg, ruler of THE WORLD! My bedroom

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 12:54 

09 Aug 2012, 00:03

@Lord Seg

Thanks for the info on blowguns but I think I shall pass. My friends already think I'm weird for playing the ocarina. I don't know what they'd say if I told them I was considering getting a blowgun. :)

It's funny how Texas regulates knives but not blowguns. Either one can be pretty dangerous in the wrong hands.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 13:50 

04 Sep 2012, 13:27

Saluto tutti gli amici di Little Geese, grazie al grande a caro AMICO Kresimir possiamo avere la fortuna di questa pagina web che spero ci consenta a tutti di divulgare nel modo migliore e soprattutto professionale il nostro amato Strumento che è l'OCARINA.
Questa pagina deve essere fonte di scambi di opinioni, sane critiche e un mezzo per pubblicizzare al mondo l'antica tradizione Budriese nel modo migliore.

Un abbraccio sincero a tutti.
Emiliano

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next