Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 22 May 2019, 03:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Yo
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 23:39 

09 Aug 2012, 23:23

This is Kartel, I have two Ocarina. One Solist Soprano C and one Focalink Alto C, both ceramic and very good quality.
I am ashamed to admit that I have negleted my Ocarina in the past year, and I wish to pickup and learn soon.

I can play some songs off by heart, but I am still a noob. :?
Anyway I like this forum, it is very nice :)
bye now

Post subject: Re: Please introduce yourself in this thread
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 01:52 

12 Aug 2012, 01:30

Hello everyone!
My real name is Michelle. I have been playing the ocarina for about a year and have loved every moment. I have a strong woodwind background in flute and clarinet. The ocarina is so impressive for such a small little goose!
I am a critical care registered nurse and am just about finished with my acute care nurse practitioner master's degree, one class left!
I am from Alaska but have been living in Alabama recently...I am dying in all this heat and humidity!

I am very excited to see this new community and so many familiar faces.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 03:41 

02 Aug 2012, 13:21

New York, USA

Hey Michelle! It's great to see you here ^_^
I hope all is well and you enjoy your visits here! I'm sure we will all learn a new thing or two about the ocarina here and I look forward to all the future discussions we have :D

please visit my website and see what Im making! http://facebook.com/oberonocarinas

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 21:08 

11 Aug 2012, 18:17

Hey! I'm TheZ, but some of you may know me better as TheZelda. I'm the Moderator of the Product Section at STLOcarinaforum.com(not meaning to advertise) Stop by and say Hi! next time you're around.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 12:11 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

TheZ wrote:
Hey! I'm TheZ, but some of you may know me better as TheZelda. I'm the Moderator of the Product Section at STLOcarinaforum.com(not meaning to advertise) Stop by and say Hi! next time you're around.

Welcome to Little Geese, TheZ. You are free to advertise STLOcarinaforum.com here, as long as it is not spam. We have no rules at the moment regarding these things and our philosophy is not to be restrictive, unless absolutely necessary. But I personally ask you to return the favour and mention our forum there, if that is not a problem - if it is, you don't have to... :)

I'd like to believe that multiple ocarina forums can coexist in peace and even collaborate, just like, for example, multiple guitar forums... Though, my experience with some other ocarina forums is pretty bad, unfortunately.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 12:30 

Since STL sponsors our forum, we have a rule stating we can't mention other brand names, so I could probably get away with mentioning you as long as STL had some sor of topic here. I might make one?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 12:40 

Zagreb, Croatia

TheZ wrote:
Since STL sponsors our forum, we have a rule stating we can't mention other brand names, so I could probably get away with mentioning you as long as STL had some sor of topic here. I might make one?

Yes, of course. You are free to make an STL topic in the Ocarina Constructors' section.

All ocarina brands (regardless whether they actually make ocarinas or have them made overseas) are welcome to have a thread in that section.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 21:35 

Cool... I'll have to ask Jon(my the boss) if I can add a link, but I'm sure he'll be cool with it!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 10:38 

08 Aug 2012, 05:14

Why, hello there. :)
You may call me Reiko. It is a name I've been associated with for over 14 years now, I believe. Some who have known me for awhile (or those who feel an affinity for me) call me by my given name though -- Janna.

I came across the Ocarina while I was browsing a hongkong-based website over 2 years ago. I looked it up, for no apparent reason other than curiosity mixed with boredom.

I was smitten ever since.

--
My collection is split between two continents, at the moment. I was living in the United States when I started with the Ocarina. I lived in Philadelphia, PA, but traveled across the country too, because I somehow ended up being a convention Carnie. I also got into ceramics around that time, and started making little figurines. A number of things got in between that, so I ended up stopping. I still hope to continue doing that, sometime. I want to make little figures of my friends, with ocarinas :)

--
Late last year, I moved back to the country I grew up in -- The Philippines.
I had a short stint, teaching at an English Academy that caters mostly to Koreans, up until a couple of months ago. I applied specifically because I wanted to be exposed to their language, because at that time, my master plan was to go and attend the Ocarina Festival in Hongseong, South Korea. :P

I am currently a 1st year Law student (Juris Doctor). It's been a couple of years since I was in University for my Bachelors, so it's been a challenge, managing my time. I also had to file for an indefinite leave at that Academy I was working at, because I was getting sick due to lack of sleep, stress, and other matters. =/

I haven't had much time to play the ocarina, lately, nor have I been in contact with most of the good friends I have made through the Ocarina...but hopefully, I'd be able to catch up with them one of these days. :)

The Ocarina is very precious to me -- it brought music and joy to my heart at the most opportune time. It also brought me great friends, that I treasure in this life <3

--
It's good to be here :)
I like the cozy atmosphere.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 14:19 

13 Aug 2012, 05:49

Reiko! Hi! I had no idea you'd moved out of the US!

Anywho, I should introduce myself, too.

I'm Tina, but everyone calls me spoony - I've had the nickname for more than 15 years now... even since before I was on the Internet. I'm more likely to respond to 'spoony' than my real name.

I've had "ocarinas" (it was actually a shrill little 5-holed vessel flute) for a bit over 10 years now, but only really started playing about two and a half years ago. Since then I've collected a boatload of various ocarinas and their ilk, and about a year ago also started making them (more of a hobby, though I've gotten more serious about it in recent months).

I was technically introduced to the ocarina by Zelda, but recently found out some of my favorite folk artists play ocarina so must have been hearing them for years before the game. It matters not to me though, as thanks to the ocarina I finally got around all the damage done in 'music' classes in school and am getting a grasp on reading music and even some actual theory. So video games CAN do you good!

I am very seldom serious and often downplay it even if I am serious about something, or up-play (is that a term?) it if I'm really not serious at all... I find it keeps me good and flexible/open-minded. But make no mistake: I am very passionate about my chosen instrument and music, and as a result all of the proper techniques and theory in making and playing. I just go at it from a more casual, at my own pace angle. Do keep that in mind if I start waxing poetic about Otamatones :D

So yeah -- that's me! Good to see some familiar faces around here!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 19:08 

09 Aug 2012, 00:03

I'd love to hear that, Spoony. The Otamatone doesn't get the respect it deserves.

So please, go ahead and wax poetic.

"O lovely Otamatone, shall I compare thee to a Pacchioni doppia V?" :D

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 06:09 

16 Aug 2012, 05:37

Germany

Hi.

I'm Andy. I'm 22. I like toast and ocarinas. Sometimes both at once. Sometimes not.
I made stuff in the past and do stuff now. Some of it related to fostering ocarina community relationships. Then I went away because of life and things and stuff and that went down the drain. What a shame! But it can't be helped.

Now I am here. And do more stuff to do with things and ocarinas. They are quite entertaining I must say. Verily.

I do not own many as I lack the money but I adore (most of) them quite a lot. The ocarina introduced me to a lot of things and a lot of people and friendships I cherish to this very day. It changed me as a person immensely. I might not be quite as skilled as a player as some other people here because I have been out of practice and lost my enthusiasm for the instrument because of certain things going utterly haywire in the past which lead to me not touching an ocarina for years yet I hope to improve. Maybe I can even acquire a new instrument and help it to reignite my passion for it even further. We will have to see.

tl;dr: Hi, Andy likes toasts and ocarinas and you are a cool frood.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 09:58 

08 Aug 2012, 05:44

Welcome everyone :)

Nice to see some familiar faces :D

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 03:50 

17 Aug 2012, 03:37

Somewhere, Nowhereville

Hey there, fermata here. I see a lot of familiar faces in this thread, and for that I'm glad.

For the people who don't already know me, I've been playing the cello since 2005, I'm a hobbyist composer and songwriter (I've taken a college level music theory course), I also play the concertina, a little bit of mandolin, and of course the ocarina.

I love music history and plan to make a career out of it.

I'm really happy that we finally have a more music oriented ocarina forum, and if I'm not being terribly presumptuous I'd totally love to contribute to any existing music theory stickies and any possible questions about general western music history.

Also, awesome forum theme.

I'm not sure what else to say ^^;

One does not make music against another.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 12:15 

I would *love* to perform some of your ocarina music!(if that's OK w/ you) I've always wanted to perform a custom score!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 20:15 

17 Aug 2012, 03:37

Somewhere, Nowhereville

TheZ wrote:
I would *love* to perform some of your ocarina music!(if that's OK w/ you) I've always wanted to perform a custom score!

I mostly do string orchestras, but I have almost finished one for ocarina and string "quintet"/orchestra (the violin part is doubled because I chose not to write a violin II part). I'd like to start doing more ocarina compositions, though.

One does not make music against another.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 10:45 

08 Aug 2012, 13:50

Hi, I'm Kat.

I'm 22 and a student of creative writing. I've been interested in ocarinas since I was about ten years old, ever since I found out I could actually buy them in the UK.

I practice almost every day, and busk occassionally (when our lovely English weather holds out :P), and I'm also somewhat of a collector...at least that's what I tell myself everytime I buy a new one :D

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 11:32 

17 Aug 2012, 23:26

Budrio, Italy

Hallo to all the ocarina friends!

My name is fabio galliani, i am from Italy.
I play ocarina since i was a child, as i was born in Budrio, the ocarina birthplace (1853).
You can find more about me in www.fabiogalliani.it
Happy to be member of this new forum!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 12:06 

Zagreb, Croatia

Hello Fabio and Kat! It is very nice to have you here!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 13:48 

Wow! Mr. Galliani, it looks like you have had lots of fun traveling to different places and performing! I'd love to hear more about your travels!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next