Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 22 Jun 2017, 17:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Please introduce yourself in this thread
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 02:26 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

Hello and welcome to Little Geese!

This thread is where you can tell us who you are. You can tell us what you do, how you got into ocarinas or anything else you want to share! We encourage everyone to post here and to welcome new members.

Please make sure to check out our posting regulations.
We hope you enjoy your stay!

~The staff

I will use this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Bas (which is a common Dutch name) and I'm currently studying mathematics at Utrecht University. I'm a true math geek and I try to take in as much math as possible (as long as it is theoretical :D ). If anyone ever wants to discuss anything math related or ask a question make sure to contact me, I am looking to share the excitement.

I got into ocarinas about 5 years ago, in June 2007. I've been collecting information since then from the various communities and have gathered a nice collection of ocarinas. I have made some of the greatest friends I could have thanks to the ocarina and I want everyone to have joyful experiences like this. I will do my best to make sure this place runs to the best of its ability.

Now that I have broken the ice I would love to get to know you all, introducing yourself here would be a great start!

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 11:23 

02 Aug 2012, 11:16

England, United Kingdom

Hi, my name is Jade, i live in England and i am the maker at Kalasinar Ocarinas. I have been playing the ocarina for three years now, and i started to explore making them myself in 2010. I hope to be set up to sell before the year is through, i really enjoy crafting ocarinas and i am very happy to have found my 'niche' in life.

I am a pencil artist and sculptor as well, in fact my experience with sculpting is part of what made me decide to try my hand at ocarina making. I haven't had much time for art since (unfortunately), but i am happy nonetheless. Other interests include film (for which i have a degree in), history, archaeology and nature. Oh and i almost forgot, the only other instument i play is the drums, which i have been playing since the age of thirteen.

I look forward to becoming acquainted with everyone here, as i too have made some great friends through ocarinas ^^

My ocarinas are for sale on eBay

More of my work can be found at http://www.facebook.com/EverettOcarinas

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 14:08 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Hello, my name is Krešimir, I am an ocarina enthusiast from Croatia.

I'm a physicist by profession, but my great interests are music theory and musicology, especially in relation to the works of Johann Sebastian Bach. I am a member of Croatian Association of Music Theorists and, from time to time, I publish papers in their newsletter Theoria.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 14:12 

02 Aug 2012, 13:21

New York, USA

Hello all,

My name is Ross and Im an amateur ocarina maker from the United States. Id been making ocarinas as a hobby since 1998 but this past year I had decided to focus on it seriously as a craft and have been developing them every day since. Now I am deticated to providing the ocarina world with an instrument they would be happy to perform with and enjoy for all playing styles.

Im also quite fond of bicycles, art, film, music and craft beer.
Currently Im located in the New York area.

Im looking forward to discussing the ocarina with all of you and hope I can learn a great deal from everyones experiences

:)

please visit my website and see what Im making! http://facebook.com/oberonocarinas

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 16:38 

02 Aug 2012, 18:21

Taipei

Hi there,

My name is Kuolong Pan, and my ocarina name (or music name) is Takashi (English)/たかし(Japanese)/庫龍(Chinese). I live in Taipei, Taiwan and I speak only little English, very little Japanese and 100% Chinese.

I am not a music professional, I retired from telecom business a couple of years ago and have fallen in love with ocarina since then. My path to ocarina music mainly was influenced by Sojiro in the beginning. However, as I see ocarina as a gateway to the music palace, I keen to learn as many kind of music as possible, classic, folk, pops and so on via many kind of ocarinas. :D

Inspired by Mr. Hiromichi of Japan (ヒロミチ, the pure, clear tone ocarina), I started to make ocarina for myself on 2005 and built up my own brand name Takashi Ocarina (庫龍陶笛) and put it online on late 2011.

In addition to making ocarinas, I am also now participating in two ocarina ensemble groups in Taipei. So I make ocarinas, I play ocarinas and I really enjoy what I am doing now.

That's it all.

Kuolong

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 21:16 

03 Aug 2012, 19:56

Enschede, Netherlands

My name is Marco and I'm studying Technical Informatics at the Twente University. I'm a bit of a gearhead who has a gear loose, a geek who likes most fields but is especially interested in technology. You can certainly interest me in food, cultural stuff, movies, languages and probably many things I forgot to mention, and of course, music, but I can't say I'm particularly well educated on those fields. A good match in both board games and computer games is certainly within my interests as well.

I got into ocarinas, and along with it music in general, 4 years ago, if memory serves me well. I think I got my first ocarina when I was 16. I didn't get much progress until a year later, partially because the ocarina was too bad to be serious with it, and because I didn't have a teacher in any instrument. I think I got a clarinet and lessons about a year later, and I still follow clarinet lessons, to my great content.

Post subject: Re: Please introduce yourself in this thread
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2012, 22:34 

03 Aug 2012, 20:26

Edinburgh, Scotland

I'm Jack Campin. I live in a former mining village just south of Edinburgh, Scotland. I've been playing ocarinas a bit for nearly 20 years, after getting a small Mathieu metal one in a flea market in Glasgow. I've been getting much more into them in the last four or five years. The two kinds of music I most use them for are Scottish bagpipe music and klezmer; I've been playing Scottish traditional music on various wind instruments since the 1970s and klezmer in the last couple of years. They both need instruments with a forceful, assertive sound and very fast response so you can do elaborate ornamentation - the Italian-type ocarina is just perfect where its range fits.

I have a page about the ocarina on my site:

http://www.campin.me.uk/Music/Ocarina/

http://www.campin.me.uk

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2012, 00:33 

02 Aug 2012, 14:57

Ciao a tutti,
sono Giorgio Pacchioni, e mi dedico all'Ocarina da quando ero ragazzo, ho cominciato a produrle per mio uso e consumo, dal 1984, ovvero da quando ho cominciato a suonare musica folk italiana della mia regione (Emilia Romagna).
Fui molto stimolato da Arrigo Mignani (allora costruttore ufficiale di ocarine di Budrio) il quale osservando una mia ocarina che gli avevo portato in visione, disse solennemente "sembra una merda di vacca".

Da allora, stimolato da quel lusinghiero giudizio, non ho mai smesso di suonare le mie ocarine cercando sempre di perfezionarle secondo le mie aspettative.

Ho fondato un paio di gruppi musicali che impiegavano ocarine sia sole che con altri strumenti musicali. Nel seguente indirizzo: http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarina ... _audio.php
trovate alcune vecchie registrazioni fatte:
-In sovraincisione "Balli Emiliani"
-Assieme al gruppo di 7 ocarine "Ensemble Novecento" CD "Il Grillo"
-Col gruppo musicale "I bòun e i strapazzòun" Varie mie composizioni

Assieme al gruppo “I Boun e i strapazzoun “ (vari strumenti) ha inciso anche:
• Una cassetta con sue composizioni “Mandolinata a Forlimpopoli ” Elytra 9036.
• Una cassetta con Balli storici padani e sue composizioni originali “Balli saltati emiliani, ballo liscio
romagnolo” Elytra 9034.
Recentemente ha registrato:
• Un CD solistico accompagnato dalla pianista E.Argelli "Ocarina und Klavier" pubblicaro in Austria da "Ocarina-Music" nel 2006
• Un DVD pubblicato in Taiwan in occasione della rassegna concertistica "The Symphony of Fire and Clay" 2009

Per chi volesse saperne di più dispongo di un Curriculum vitæ in lingua inglese.
http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/curreng 

www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarinanuova

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 00:20 

08 Aug 2012, 00:05

Hello, I'm Kibbler.

I'm an ocarina enthusiast, and I love making images in photoshop. I love japan and want to go there someday. That's about it!

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 00:27 

07 Aug 2012, 23:20

Hello, my name is Danielle.
I'm from Canada and I've been playing the ocarina for about a year and a half. It's a fun hobby for me and I try to play it for people but the thing I'm most passionate about is singing. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to sing and along the way I've picked up a few instruments. Right now I can play ocarina, guitar, and a bit of trumpet that I play in school. I also really enjoy song writing and one day I wish to become very good at it.
Music has and will always be very important to me and my family.
In other words, I'm just a teen who's not quite sure what she wants to do with her life yet, but I know music will always be beside me.

~aka Music Forever on TON

Don't try to be the same. Don't try to be different. Just be.

~Music helps one relive the good memories from the past, and create more good memories for the future~

My Ocarinas
Focalink Spearhead
Baby Dragon Tooth (SG)
Focalink AC-B
Pacchioni C1
Pacchioni G4
Little Wing (SF)
Focalink DAC
Songbird 7-Hole OoT

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 01:11 

08 Aug 2012, 00:47

Hello all, My name is Geoffrey Tjakra, I am an artist by profession. I make, sell and teach art (mostly ceramics). I studied in Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, and mostly in America, and now living in Jakarta, Indonesia. I have been playing, collecting and making ocarinas for about 2 years. My own ocarinas are usually under the name EpiCai ocarinas. I am very experimental in my approach to making ocarinas, and have made them out of wood, glass, metal, clay, soda can, etc. You can check out my Facebook photos as well as my YouTube Chanel to see some of my ocarinas. I am also into death whistle and collect other musical instruments. I have very limited basic knowledge of Music theories, but slowly learning more. Happy to be part of this forum and see some familiar faces here, and hopefully can contribute significant/positive inputs in some of the discussion :D

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 01:12 

08 Aug 2012, 00:13

Hi, Jonnvoll here.
I bought my first ocarinas(focalink soprano and alto plastic) a couple of years ago. Since then my interest has only grown. I've fallen in love with this instrument. I practice to become better at it. And I'm generally interested in learning more about it.

My Ocarinas
Focalink Plastic 12 Hole Soprano C
Focalink Plastic 12 Hole Alto C
Dragon Tooth EQ
Focalink Dolce Double Alto C
Solist/Bon Plastic Double
Focalink Pendant 6 Hole Soprano G

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 05:57 

08 Aug 2012, 05:44

Hello everyone!

My name is Cambell Baxter and I am an ameteur ocarina player and overall enthusiast living in Australind, Western Australia.

I have been playing ocarina for just over a year and mostly enjoy folk music (I tip my hat to Jack for his 9-note tunebook resource) and certain movie, cartoon and video game themes.

I also play bass guitar, and have been playing for about 8 months at this point. I really enjoy it ^^
Ukulele is another of my hobby instruments.

I look forward to participating with you all in what I'm sure will be a successful forum :)

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 06:17 

08 Aug 2012, 05:38

Hi,

I'm Dave aka Armisis, I'm American, I call the UK home, and I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan. (civilian)

I have a collection of over 200+ Ocarina from around the world, I cant play really well but I love to improv, it relaxes me.

I like cats.

I'm 38 years old. :)

Dave

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 09:25 

08 Aug 2012, 08:47

Hey!
Ian Kogai here. I'm a university student from Canada and I've been interested in ocarinas since I first played (the ever infamous) Ocarina of Time. I've been studying music since I was 10 and I firmly believe that you should take music with you wherever you go; in your mind, in your heart, and in your backpack. :D

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 13:49 

08 Aug 2012, 00:01

Hi,
I'm John from Ireland, just want to say hello to everyone on the forum.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 20:24 

08 Aug 2012, 20:00

Hey all,

I'm Alex from Germany and I discovered the Ocarina last year in December by coming upon a Romanian flute that turned out not to be an Ocarina at all.

Even though I'm not a very talented musician I love to explore everything about music. I love singing, I play the guitar and I sometimes write songs.
Next on my list of instruments to learn are the Irish Bouzouki and the Cajon. ;)

My favourite styles of music are Wave/Gothic and Folk, but I love many artists beyond that like David Bowie, Nick Cave, Tom Waits and countless more.

I have experimented with making ocarinas and will probably continue to do so, but by now i doubt that I will ever do so to sell. I just can't see myself going into production.

Besides from music I love reading, art, films and my hounds.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 20:28 

02 Aug 2012, 11:16

England, United Kingdom

A warm welcome to all new members! Many of you i recognise and i am very glad to see you here, i hope you all enjoy the forum :D

My ocarinas are for sale on eBay

More of my work can be found at http://www.facebook.com/EverettOcarinas

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 00:24 

09 Aug 2012, 00:03

Hello, I'm Jeanne. I'm from Rhode Island. I started playing the ocarina because I wanted to learn something new. Yes, I'm one of those Zelda fans who chose the ocarina after being inspired by docjazz4. :)

I work as a registered nurse. I like to bring my ocarina to work and give the patients impromptu concerts during the holidays. It's no fun being stuck in a hospital at Christmastime so I'm glad to be able to help them feel better.

I play the 6 hole pendant but I am now getting comfortable with the 12 hole transverse. My other interests are cooking, science and epidemiology.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 23:05 

Administrator

Administrator

02 Aug 2012, 00:53

Maarssen, The Netherlands

Welcome everyone! I hope you all have a good time here :D .

Make sure to stop by our chat room! Internet  Relay Chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next