Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 22 Jun 2017, 17:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: bibiography of ocarina sheet music and tutorials
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016, 15:15 

03 Aug 2012, 20:26

Edinburgh, Scotland

I just won this EBay auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mezzetti-ocar ... 2123569996

which got me three tunable Mezzettis (soprano and alto G, alto B flat/A) and a pile of ocarina sheet music.

The soprano has a little handwritten paper sticker saying what pitch it is, which I haven't seen on any other ocarina. Otherwise, the instruments aren't that surprising (they work fine, though the B flat one doesn't really play as promised in A at usable volume even if you pull the plug way out). The sheet music, though, is British and entirely stuff I had never heard of, apart from a copy of the Mezzetti tutor. Two pieces were prepared with the assistance of an Edinburgh music teacher called William Wyatt and sold by Kohler, a big Edinburgh music shop and publisher of the time. In one of them, Wyatt advertises his services as an ocarina teacher.

I would like to date this stuff. My guess is the 1880s, and I can probably find when Wyatt was at the address he advertises by looking up the post office directory. But if anybody has a dated bibliography of early ocarina publications I'd like to see it.

http://www.campin.me.uk