Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum is an on-line community for ocarina makers, musicians and enthusiasts, with a free resource depository containing sheet music and learning materials
Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum Little Geese: The Ocarina Forum
Internet Relay Chat Facebook page YouTube channel
Translation:

It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 07:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please post music only in standard notation, as a PDF, a picture or an ABC notation code. Do not post pictorial, numerical or any other ocarina tablatures.

Do not post copyrighted material, unless you can provide the proof of copyright holder's explicit permission to be used publicly on this forum.

Post subject: Giorgio Pacchioni's Ocarinas shipping policy
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2016, 10:23 

06 Jul 2016, 10:01

Has anyone had any problem with the delivery process for international order ?
I found lot of great reviews on the quality of ocarinas but nothing on the delivery process.
high quality ocarina means nothing if the delivery process isn't safe which may result in package being lost, come broken.. etc...
I need to make sure its safe or it comes with some sort of insurance/ guarantee if something does go wrong during the transition process.
Any info would be greatly appreciated ~! :)

Post subject: Re: Giorgio Pacchioni's Ocarinas shipping policy
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 13:00 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Giorgio Pacchioni is a very friendly person, if you contact him, I'm sure you can arrange to have the ocarina(s) shipped with UPS, FedEX or a courier service of that type, with additional insurance and things like that. It will cost you more, though. In my case, we always used the cheapest mailing service (I ordered from him many times) and there were never any problems. Well, actually, once there was a delay for about one week, during which we didn't know what happened to it (the tracking info on the postal service website did not update) and we started to get a bit worried (there were four rather expensive ocarinas in the package, one of which was especially valuable to me, because it was a gift from the maestro), but in the end the package arrived safely. There is always a certain risk involved every time something is mailed. I just accepted it. Otherwise, I travel to personally pick up the item, like I did in the case of a Vicinelli ocarina.

Regarding the quality of the packaging itself, from my experience, Giorgio packages his ocarinas very securely, uses plenty of bubble wrap, paper, sticky tape... The boxes were always oversized and stuffed with plenty of padding material (newspaper, packing peanuts, styrofoam or similar things). The packages I got from him were so solid, one could play football with them without any risk to the ocarina inside.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 19:26 

03 Aug 2012, 20:26

Edinburgh, Scotland

I once worked in an international postal sorting office so I know what goes on. Ever since, I have packed everything on the assumption that it might get kicked off the back of a moving truck into an oily puddle. Pacchioni's packaging is good enough to stand up to anything I might have done to it.

http://www.campin.me.uk

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016, 08:39 

02 Aug 2012, 00:49

Zagreb, Croatia

Oh yes, I've seen postal workers drop packages in front of me. So I can only assume what goes on when no customers are around. That's why it's so important to pack things well.